Coronavirus closings and cancellations in CT
Here is a list of coronavirus-related closings, cancellations and schedule changes around Connecticut.
Check below to see what’s going on in your town and .
STATE UNIVERSITIES, COMMUNITY COLLEGES
The four state universities and 12 community colleges in Connecticut will move all classes to an online format from Monday, March 23, through at least Sunday, April 5.
- Classes through Friday, March 13, will continue as scheduled, with the exception of Southern Connecticut State University and Norwalk Community College — both of which canceled classes for the rest of the week and will reopen Monday, March 16, for administrative functions.
- Housatonic Community College is offering online-only courses.
- Spring break is the week of March 16.
- Charter Oak State College is already fully online and will continue to offer a full course load.
- All residence halls will be closed until Sunday, April 5, at 3 p.m.
- Universities will help find accommodations for students planning to stay in the residence halls during spring break.
- Campuses will be open for day-to-day functions and all non-teaching faculty and staff are expected to continue to report to work as scheduled.
- Closed: Ansonia Public Schools are closed Friday. Staff to report in 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
-Government cancellations: All non-essential meetings of boards and commissions have been canceled until further notice.
- Closed: Bethel Public Schools are closed until further notice.
- Closed: Great Oaks Charter School plans to reopen on Monday, March 16. Senior centers in the city will be closed until further notice. Bridgeport Public Schools .
- Travel ban: Travel has been temporarily suspended for any city employees who may have scheduled conferences or other work-related events.
- Online classes: Starting Monday, March 16, University of Bridgeport’s main campus in Bridgeport and the Waterbury Center will hold all classes online or .
- Closed: Brookfield Public Schools are closed through March 26.
- Closed: Cheshire Public Schools will have a half-day Friday, March 13. Then schools will be closed from Monday, March 16 through March 27.
-Closed: The Danbury Senior Center will close Friday until further notice. Danbury Public Schools will be closed starting Friday until further notice.
- Limited: Western Connecticut State University said students were asked to move out of their dorms by Friday, March 13. At this time, the school said students will be allowed to return to campus housing Sunday, April 5. Classes will be conducted online.
- Canceled: City Hall planned for March 22.
- Closed: Derby Public Schools will be closed Friday, March 13. That closure will continue for two weeks, with plans to resume classes Monday, March 30.
-Canceled: All city buildings are closed beginning Friday, March 13. Derby police’s fingerprinting service is suspended.
- Closed: East Haven Senior Center and the Hagaman Memorial Library. Senior shuttle bus service suspended until further notice.
- Closed: Fairfield Public Schools are closed starting Friday, March 13.
- Postponed: The Fighting Molonys St. Baldrick’s Foundation event set for March 11 at Stratfield Elementary School is postponed.
- Canceled: All fingerprinting and car seat installation appointments at the Fairfield Police Department are canceled through April 1. Reschedule at .
- Online classes: All classes at Fairfield University will be starting March 16 through March 29. All students 五福彩票注册送15元 for spring break are urged to remain there until March 29.
- Closed: The Greenwich Senior Center/Arts Center is closed until further notice.
- Closed: The Greenwich Public Schools are closed effective Thursday, March 12. The school district will remain closed through next week.
- Visitors banned: All visitors, including spouses, are banned from the town-owned Nathaniel Witherell nursing center.
- Closed: All libraries until further notice. Greenwich Library said the due date for all checked out materials is extended to April 30. -
- Canceled: The St. Patrick’s Day Parade for March 22 has been called off.
Canceled: Regional School District 17 schools have postponed or canceled all March and April extracurricular activities which involve large groups of over 100 people.
- Canceled: All Brainerd Library programs and community meetings/groups are canceled or postponed through the end of April.
- Online classes: Quinnipiac students will have starting Wednesday, March 18, after students return from spring break. Students have been told not to return to campus until Saturday, March 22.
- Closed: The Capitol and Legislative Office Building will be closed until Monday, March 30. Hartford Public Schools are closed until further notice.
- Closed: Region 10 Schools are closed for two weeks.
- Canceled: The Kent Memorial Library is canceling all its adult and children’s programs March 11 through March 17.
- Canceled - White Memorial Conservation Center canceled all its programs through April 1, including public programs and school programs.
- Canceled: .
- Limited: Wesleyan University is suspending all in-person classes for the rest of the spring semester. All classes will be taught online.
- Closed temporarily: Macdonough Elementary School’s Family Resource Center is closed until Monday at 9:15 a.m.
- Canceled: The St. Patrick’s Day parade, originally scheduled for Saturday, March 14, has been canceled.
- Closed: Milford Public Schools will close starting Monday, March 16. The Milford Senior Center will also be closed Monday. All Milford Recreation programs and city-sponsored sporting events are canceled. Milford Public Library programs, meetings and events are canceled or postponed.
- Closed: Monroe Public Schools will be closed Friday, March 13. All after-school activities are canceled.
- Closed: New Canaan Public Schools will close for at least 14 days starting Thursday, March 12. Lessons will be held remotely.
- Closed: New Canaan Town Hall is closed, offering only limited services. Those who must visit Town Hall are asked to call 203-594-3000 prior to visitng.
- Closed: The New Canaan YMCA is closed for a minimum of 14 days starting Thursday, March 12.
- Closed: The New Canaan Library is closed until further notice.
-Closed: Grace Farms is closed until March 24.
- Closed: New Fairfield Public Schools closed until further notice.
- Canceled: New Fairfield’s Saint Patrick’s Day Parade on March 14 has been canceled.
- Closed: New Milford Public Schools until further notice.
- Postponed: The Greater New Haven St. Patrick’s Day Parade is postponed. A new date has not been announced.
- Online classes: Yale University moved after spring break until at least April 15.
- Canceled: The final two productions of the season for the Yale Repertory Theatre have been canceled. Refunds will be issues to ticket-holders.
- Postponed - The New Haven Symphony Orchestra is postponing events until further notice.
- Postponed: The Kent Singers have postponed its March 22 concert until June 14.
-Postponed: Saturday's Coffee & Conversation with U.S. Rep. Jahana Hayes has been postponed. A new date hasn’t been announced yet.
- Closed: New Milford Public Schools will be closed until further notice as of Friday.
- Closed: Norwalk Public Schools will have a two-hour early dismissal Friday. , all schools will be closed for two weeks with distance learning in place.
- Postponed: Large group events will be rescheduled. School-wide assemblies have also been postponed. The Norwalk Public Library postponed all in-person programs through the end of April.
- Canceled: Norwalk canceled its annual St. Patrick’s Day parade.
- Canceled: Norwalk City Hall is scaling back services. Public meetings are canceled or being held by teleconference.
- Closed: The Maritime Aquarium is closed through March 29. Norwalk Public Library is closed through March 27.
- Postponed: The March 18 State of the Town - State of the State Breakfast has been postponed.
- Canceled/delayed: Oxford Public Schools will have a three-hour delayed opening on March 17. All morning Pre-K classes will be canceled. After school activities will continue for now, unless this group is larger than 100 people.
- Canceled: All Park and Recreation and Heritage Center programs at the community center have been canceled until further notice. The extended day childcare program will remain close until further notice beginning Friday.
- Canceled: Mark Twain Library has canceled all of its programs through the end of March.
- Canceled - All March programs scheduled at the Minor Memorial Library are canceled until further notice.
- Closed: Shelton Public Schools are closed until further notice.
- Closed: from March 13 through March 27.
- Closed: All Stamford Senior Center programs and activities suspended as of March 12.
- Closed: Stratford Public Schools will be closed for at least 14 to 17 days.
- Closed: All schools and libraries, and the Senior Center. All recreation and sports-related programs are canceled until further notice.
- Canceled: All non-emergency police functions have been temporarily ended, including fingerprinting, car-seat installations and records requests.
- Canceled: Saturday’s SAT administration is canceled. Schools have canceled all field trips until at least April. Parent-teacher conferences are canceled.
- Closed: Wallingford Public Schools from Friday, March 13 though March 27.
- Online classes: Choate Rosemary Hall has extended its spring break through March 24 and plans to hold classes online for at least a week after. All on-campus events suspended through April 6.
- Closed: West Haven Public Schools will be closed starting Monday, March 16 until Friday, March 27. The school lunch program will provide breakfast and lunch meals for students under the age of 18.
- Postponed: All school extracurricular events have been postponed indefinitely.
- Canceled: University of New Haven classes and events are canceled .
- Closed: Allingtown/West Haven Senior Center is closed for two weeks, starting Thursday, March 12. The St. Patrick’s Day party on March 20 is canceled, as well as the Mohegan Sun trip on March 24.
- Postponed: West Haven St. Patrick’s Day celebration postponed.
- Canceled & postponed: The Westport Library canceled ans postponed in-person programming for the month of March.
- Closed: The Westport Center for Senior Activities will suspend daily programs until further notice.
- Closed: Wilton Public Schools and Wilton Library are closed indefinitely.
- Postponed: Wilton Library’s Human Library, scheduled for March 21, and its 125th Anniversary Celbration Gala, scheduled for March 28, will be rescheduled.
- Canceled: Wilton High School will not administer the SAT scheduled for Saturday, March 14. For those students who were registered to take the test, school officials are in communication with the College Board and will have information in the coming days about where and when they can take the test.
- Closed: Comstock Community Center indefinitely. Food pantry clients may make arrangements to pick up food at the curb.
- Closed: The Jewish Community Center of Greater New Haven will remain closed until at least Sunday, March 15.
- Moving online: Pace University campuses will go to online learning starting Wednesday, March 11, through March 29.